FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
National survey of more than 1,000 small business owners finds 80% support the American Jobs Plan and 67% support raising taxes on corporations to pay for it
Washington, D.C., May 13, 2021—Small Business for America’s Future today released a national survey showing most small business owners support the American Jobs Plan and proposals to level the playing field on taxes for Main Street small businesses. The survey of 1,052 small business owners in Small Business for America’s Future network shows they feel strongly that the American Jobs Plan will be good for Main Street and the economy as a whole.
Specifically, the survey results show:
- 8 in 10 small business owners are in favor of the American Jobs Plan
- 76% of small business owners think the American Jobs Plan will help boost the economy as a whole
- 72% believe the American Jobs Plan will help small businesses specifically
- 67% said they support increasing taxes on corporations to pay for the American Jobs Plan
- A whopping 77% said the current tax code favors large corporations over small businesses
- 75% said they believe large corporations do not pay their fair share of taxes
- 76% said small businesses are harmed when large businesses or corporations use loopholes to avoid paying taxes
- 51% said they do not believe raising taxes on Americans making over $400,000 a year would harm small businesses.
“Main Street small business owners clearly want an infrastructure plan that will propel them forward as they recover from the pandemic, and a tax code that works for them, not large corporations,” said Small Business for America’s Future Co-Chair Anne Zimmerman, a small business CPA based in Cincinnati. “Not only does the American Jobs Plan leave the vast majority of small business taxes unchanged, it leaves corporate taxes lower than they were just three years ago. Small business owners see this plan as a big win.”
The survey also shows that small business owners support infrastructure investment that goes beyond roads and bridges:
- 87% of small business owners support investments in affordable care for aging people and people with disabilities
- 76% support investments in living wages for care workers
- 70% support paid family and medical leave
- 75% support investments in affordable childcare
- 74% support investing in more jobs for care workers
“Simply put, small business owners think the American Jobs Plan and a fair tax code will be good for the economy and their bottom line,” Zimmerman said.
In addition to releasing the national survey, Small Business for America’s Future released an educational video and fact sheet breaking down the myths about small business taxes and the American Jobs Plan.
View the full survey report here.
Available for Interview: Frank Knapp, Co-Chair of Small Business for America’s Future and President/CEO of the South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce.
About Small Business for America’s Future
Small Business for America’s Future is a national coalition of small business owners and leaders working to provide small businesses a voice at every level of government. We’re committed to ensuring policymakers prioritize the nation’s 30 million small businesses to create an economy that works for them, their workers and their communities. Visit www.smallbusinessforamericasfuture.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. #SmallBizAF.