SC Office of Regulatory Staff
The Public Service Commission of South Carolina (PSC) has scheduled three virtual public night hearings for the Dominion Energy South Carolina (DESC) rate case. Consumers will be able to express their concerns at these virtual public night hearings.
The virtual public night hearings will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, November 9, 2020 at 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Consumers can only testify (express concerns to Commissioners) during one of the virtual public night hearings and must pre-register before Monday, November 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM. To pre-register, consumers should:
- Call (803) 896‐5133 and leave your name, address, telephone number, and date you would like to testify on if you want to testify by audio only.
- Call (803) 896‐5133 and leave your name, address, telephone number, email address, and date you would like to testify on if you want to testify by video conference. After registering, you will receive an email from the PSC with instructions on how to testify by video conference.
Consumers that will be testifying via audio only or video conference will need to call (877) 236‐8674 at their scheduled time to testify.
There are two options for those consumers that just want to listen in or view the virtual public night hearings.
- Consumers can call (800) 786‐6104 any time prior to 6:00 PM on November 9, 2020, November 10, 2020, and November 12, 2020.
- Consumers can watch the livestreamed virtual public night hearings.
More specifics on how to testify can be found in the notice on the PSC’s website (PDF). Also, the PSC has released a video called How Do I Testify Over the Internet? with more information on the process.
For more information about the Commission’s procedures, contact the PSC at (803) 896-5100 or visit the PSC website.
About the DESC Rate Case
DESC filed an application to increase its rates by approximately 7.7% with the PSC in August 2020. The average residential consumer’s monthly bill would increase by $9.68 per month if approved. Learn more about the DESC rate case.